Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Austin's Finest


Oh Mr. Gary how I do love your bluesy jams. Gary Clark Jr. is an up and coming blues guitarist that plays like no one else. There have been so many great guitarists over the decades so it would be naïve of me to say he is the best. But ladies and gentlemen, this guy just might BE the best. Music is a funny thing in that it is impossible for everyone in the world to agree on what is “the best” and frankly, I don’t think there is a “best” musician out there. They are all different and unique in their own way. Anyhow, Gary Clark is from Austin, Texas where he began playing at Antone’s club. His name sure enough got out and he began to play at more small bars around Texas. In fact, I have had the pleasure of seeing Gary play at Lola’s Saloon off W 7th St in Fort Worth and I must say, the guy is supernatural.  With so many artists deviating to a style that incorporates LED lights and computers, etc. Gary Clark Jr. is the prime example of an artist that only wants to put music in your ears. And he wants to do it the best he can every time. Check out the rawness of this wonderful musician.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment