After posting about Johnny Cash, I’ve decided to go with a
polar opposite on this post. Electronic Dance Music, also referred to often as
EDM, has been blowing up among college students and teenagers over the last few
years. There are so many forms of EDM that it may be difficult to post a song
everyone will like. That is actually the least of my concern; my main concern
is to educate those who’ve never experienced a live EDM show on how nuts they
can actually be. While I’ve seen a variety of live acts, EDM is hands down the
most raucous, rowdy, and obnoxious type of show. Nonetheless, they are an
absolute blast to attend, especially with a group of good friends. I would
imagine that a parents view of EDM is much more cynical than that of us college
students. I’ve actually had my parent’s wonder what in the world was playing.
My mother has even said that EDM is like disco on steroids. I would almost
agree. I guess back in the day artists were more limited in their technology
and could only make the crowd move so much. Nowadays, EDM artists make crowds
crazy and seemingly uncontrollable at times. I know some will be shocked, but
just know this: If you were there, you’d have a blast. Here’s a video of one of
my personal favorite EDM artists, Pretty Lights, performing at the 1st Bank Center in Denver last New Years Eve. IT. WAS. AWESOME. Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment