For this post, I will again go with an artist – in this case
a group of artists – from the great city of Austin, Texas. Austin now seems to
be in a perpetual state of spitting out new artists. In a previous post, I
mentioned Austin’s own, Gary Clark Jr, who is making his mark on music as we
speak. This time it’s The Wheeler Brothers. The Wheeler Brothers is composed of
five musicians with three brothers that lead the group. Their sound is a mix of
indie folk with some heavy guitar. I’ve recently had the pleasure of seeing The
Wheeler Brothers in a live setting and I must say that they are quite the show.
I actually was not expecting to like them as much as I did, but despite my lack
of knowledge for them, I really enjoyed their energy and commitment to their
music. Honestly, most any music can sound good live if the artist simply makes
it seem like they’re putting their all in to it. The Wheeler Brothers certainly
do that. The coolest thing The Wheeler Brothers did when I saw them was end
their show with the three brothers center stage, guitars in hand, finishing it
off themselves. This native Texan group could soon be all over the place.
No comments:
Post a Comment