Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Spottieottiedopalicious


Rap/Hip-Hop is a genre I know very little about, but I do know that when I hear a hip-hop song that I like, I tend to remember it very well. To me, rap is the ultimate form of blunt expression in music. Most music relies on the sound to create the feel, rap is different. In what I have listened to, most rap or hip-hop is so lyrically centered it literally turns the mouth into an instrument – not that it wasn’t before. But I think rappers know how to use the instrument in such a way that can inflict any emotion they want from their audience. The artist I’ve chosen to use is Outkast. I will always love Outkast. The group is a duo of rappers who work wonders with their lyrical abilities. Outkast is from Georgia and began their careers in 1992. They debuted their first album, Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, in 1994. I smile thinking about people who don’t know of Outkast trying to read that album name. Anyways, my personal favorite Outkast song actually has historical references. It refers to probably the most bold, and popular African-American woman of the civil rights era. The song, named after this woman, is Rosa Parks. Remember: We the type a’ people make the club get crunk…



No comments:

Post a Comment