This post goes to a band that is well deserving and floats
at the top of my list constantly. Railroad Earth is from New Jersey and boasts
an upbeat and folky sound. Sometimes I confuse myself as to what genre they
really are. The band consists of 6 members; all of them play some sort of
instrument and sing. Their stage can consist of banjos, violins, cellos, drums,
saxophones, stand up bass, etc. Needless to say their act is an exhibition of
sorts with no doubt. I’ve had the pleasure of seeing Railroad Earth in Denver,
Colorado, as well as, Fort Worth, Texas. They actually played for the Fort
Worth Arts Festival in April of this year. It was their first show in Fort
Worth and I highly doubt it will be their last. They got a warm welcome from
the crowd and played exceptionally well. I was shocked many people from Fort
Worth even knew about them, but I was wrong. Seeing this great band play on
Main Street in Fort Worth facing the courthouse, I couldn’t have been happier.
I must not leave out the fact that I met their lead singer walking home from
the show. My friend, Alex, and I assured them they would love to come back for
more. Here’s a little taste.
No comments:
Post a Comment