Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Forget They're Hiding


The Who are without a doubt one of my favorite bands – especially from before I was born. I love how crazy their music can sound, but how it somehow all flows so incredibly. Most of us know the most popular songs from The Who, - songs like “Who Are You?”, “Behind Blue Eyes”, and “Won’t Get Fooled Again” – but my reason for liking the who isn’t because of any of those songs or any other popular ones – definitely not “Baba O’Riley” either. So here it goes, my whole life I’ve been a Dallas Mavericks fan. I’ve always loved basketball and I’ve been seeing Mavericks games since before I could talk. Well, the Mavericks have always had a super awesome intro song. And I didn’t know what the song was until my last couple years of high school. Indeed, it is by The Who and the name of it is Eminence Front.  For whatever reason, the song has a way of getting me super pumped and ready for action. Any action. Anything. It was this song that led me into The Who’s greatest jams and then onto many other bands from around The Who’s era. I’ve seen people who’ve never heard this song immediately begin the boogie down once it’s been played, so I don’t imagine it can put on too many frowns. The visual quality makes me laugh, the audio is just fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment