I've decided to go down the country road for
this post because of my legitimate respect for country music. I don't
particularly enjoy pop/new-nashville country, but the down home, true to the
heart country music is a genre I truly enjoy. I am originally from Dallas,
Texas and country music was definitely a part of growing up. For whatever
reason, I never enjoyed listening to the mainstream country artists. Looking
back now I think it’s because it seemed fake, or gimmicky. I feel like
mainstream country mostly all sounds the same and is extremely catchy just to sell records. That
said, I truly enjoy good country songs that really hit home to the listener. I
understand that not everyone likes country, and frankly, it’s not even close to
being my favorite genre of music. However, as I mentioned, I do respect the
music to such an extent that I thought it deserved to get a post. Some of my
favorite country artists are Robert Earl Keen, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson,
Johnny Cash, and a few more. I guess I just like the old school stuff. I
believe the reason for this is the genuine sound they produce. It’s almost as
if these artist play what they want, they don’t care if you like it or not
because they love it, and coincidentally, they can get a tons of others to love
it too. So here is a video of June Carter & Johnny Cash singing one of my personal favorites, Jackson. These two are awesome. And the sound quality is just fine, don't let the tube television look fool you.
No comments:
Post a Comment